Fun ways to enjoy music and exercise
Getting into shape is a popular New Year’s resolution. But only 8% of people follow through on their New Year’s resolutions according to Forbes magazine. Exercising at the gym is a popular activity every January. Some studies found that many people cancel their gym memberships after only 5 months.
You don’t need to go to the gym to exercise. We’ve put together a list of enjoyable gym-free exercises and exercise-focused music playlists for you to stick to your New Year’s resolution.
Music and exercise go well together. A good workout while listening to the right music can make you feel great. Music can also motivate you to exercise, to push yourself harder and for longer. We have put together exclusive playlists for you to get in the mood for exercising and to keep you going too.
Boxing is an exceptional way to work out your entire body. You’ll need a punching bag, boxing gloves, skipping rope and boxing tape for your hands if want to do it at home. Hitting the punching bag works out your upper body muscles. Skipping and doing other boxing-related exercises will help you burn between 350 and 500 calories in an hour. Boxing is an exceptional option for toning and defining your arms and legs. Get in the mood for boxing with this fun music playlist.
Active music playlist
- Turn Down For What – DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B
- Shape of You (Major Lazer Remix)
- Tall Walls – Goodluck
- Together – Yall
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers
- Scared to Be Lonely – Martin Garrix, Dua Lipa
- POWER – Kanye West
- Don’t Leave (Gryffin Remix) – Snakehips, MO
- Make Me (Cry) – Noah Cyrus, Labrinth
- Just Hold On (Attom Remix) – Steve Aoki, Louis Tomlinson
- This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris
- Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia
- Find Me In The Forrest – Goodluck
- Like I Would (Lenno Remix) ZAYN, Sia
- Work From Home – Fifth Harmony, Ty Dolla $ign
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
- Lush Life – Zara Larsson
- You Say You Love Me – The Kiffness, Tawanna Shaunte
- Deep of the Night – Goldfish, Diamond Thug
- Working For It (Bonus Track) – ZHU, Skrillex, THEY.
Jump on your bike and hit the road or get a stand for it to ride it while stationary at home. Take a look at an exercise cycle or spinning bike if you don’t own a bicycle and don’t plan on buying one. This type of exercise is an excellent calorie burner. Cycling does wonders for your thighs, waist, bottom, and legs. While you won’t build muscle this way it will definitely help you lose weight and help you tone your body. Enjoy cycling with one of our music playlists.
Explore the outdoors
Hiking is a fun way to exercise and to enjoy the outdoors. This is the type of exercise for you if you love experiencing what nature has to offer. Hiking is a fantastic way to exercise your legs while you relax your mind. Listening to the right music will make your next hiking experience even more enjoyable.
Fitness music playlist
- What do you mean – Justin Bieber
- Elastic Heart – Sia
- Run Boy Run – Woodkid
- Love Me Again – John Newman
- Let’s Go – Ne-Yo, Calvin Harris
- Jump Around – House Of Pain
- One Dance – Drake, WizKid, Kyla
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
- Over and Over – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Adventure Of A Lifetime – Coldplay
- Don’t Stop The Music – Rihanna
- Jump Around – House of Pain
- The Other Side – Woodkid
- Get Crazy – LMFAO
- The Cure – Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper
- Thunder – Imagine Dragons
- Kissing Stranger – DNCE
- Scars to Your Beautiful
- Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers
- I Took A Pill In Ibiza – Mike Postner
Hit the dance floor
Music and exercise fit together especially well when it comes to dancing. 30 minutes of dancing is a fun way to burn 130 to 250 calories. This type of exercise gives you a full body workout. Why not make it romantic by dancing with your significant other? You can keep each other motivated. Play our Power Zumba or Kizomba music playlists and you’ll start showing off your moves in no time.
Zumba music playlist
- Pump It – Black Eyed Peasa
- Dura – Daddy Yankee
- Turn Up The Speakers – Afrojack Martin Garrix
- Zumba – Drumetic Boys
- Feel It – Charlie Who?
- Gold Digger – Lefree
- Electrica Zumba – Sash
- Summertime Sadness – Lana del Rey
- Bounce – Kura
- You & Me – Wahlstedt
- Get Down – Hardwell
- Run The World – Beyonce
Listen to music on with your earphones and catch Pokémon or dinosaurs if none of the other exercise options interest you. Mobile games like Pokémon and Jurassic World Alive can be entertaining and promote exercise too. Pokémon rewards you just by walking. Both these games are a fun way to get active. Just please remember to be aware of your surroundings for your own safety. Going for a walk is an excellent way to burn calories and to get your heart pumping. Take a walk, have some fun, listen to exercise-inspiring music and burn calories too.
Download the JOOX app and get active
Stick to your New Year’s resolution to start exercising. Get ready with JOOX’s exclusive exercise playlists and get active. Once you start exercising regularly your body will start to feel great. There’ll be no turning back. Download the JOOX music app for Android and iOS phones and start exercising today!