#BeatFees: COMPETITION RULES
Promoter: Tencent Africa Services Pty Ltd (reg nr.: 2015/445517/07) (“us”/“we”/“our”).
Competition Period: 25 February 2019 until 15 March 2019. No entries will be accepted after midnight on 15 March 2019
Who can enter: You’re entitled to participate in this competition if you’re 18 years old with a valid South African identity document and enrolled as a full time student at a South African tertiary institution without a bursary covering your tuition fees. If you’re a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you’re a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to us or any other entity directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by us, or if you’re any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner, you may not participate in this competition.
How to enter: To participate in this competition you must:
- download the JOOX App from your App Store and register as a user; and
- share your favourite track from JOOX with your friends to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram profile using the hashtag #BeatFees.
Note: You must maintain an active JOOX account for the duration of the competition period to remain eligible for the lucky draw. If you delete your JOOX account after entering the competition or at any time during the competition period, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
How many times you can enter: As many times as you like as per ‘How to enter’ above. Each share of a track to Facebook or Instagram is regarded as a further entry and the more times you enter, the better your chances of winning the prize.
No entry fees: There are no entry fees, but you may incur your standard network data costs when entering the competition and you will be liable for such charges.
- There is only 1 prize, being a contribution of up to a maximum amount of R50 000.00 (fifty thousand Rand) towards your tuition fees for 2019 academic year (“Prize”).
- The Prize is not transferable.
- The Prize is only payable towards actual tuition fees for the 2019 academic year and is not transferable to the 2020 academic year. The Prize is not payable towards residence fees, books or any other fees.
- We will pay the Prize directly into the bank account of the tertiary institution where the winner is enrolled as a student via EFT.
- Before payment will be made by us to the relevant tertiary institution, the winner will need to provide us with:
- an official written letter from the tertiary institution confirming that the winner is registered as a student. The winner will not be approved and payment will not be processed to the tertiary institution without this confirmation. The letter must display the winner’s student number, tertiary institution details and tertiary institution banking details; and
- an original letter from the tertiary institution on the bank’s letterhead confirming proof of their account details which letter must be stamped by the bank.
- Our print out of the bank transfer will serve as proof of receipt of the Prize by the winner.
- There is only one winner. The winner will be chosen by a random lucky draw conducted by us on 18 March 2019.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner.
- The winner will be notified by means of a message on Facebook and/or an in-app message. We’ll attempt contact with the winner once every day for 3 consecutive business days after the winner’s name is drawn, but if we’re unable to contact the winner within this period, the winner will forfeit his/her prize and we reserve the right to redraw the prize.
- The winner will be announced on or about 22 March 2019 on Facebook and on the JOOX website.
- The winner will be required to provide his/her name, ID numbers, a copy of his/her identity document and contact details and to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the Prize. In addition, the winner will be required to provide us with the documents referred to under the “Prize” section above and any additional information we may reasonably require in order to determine the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner’s acceptance and/or use of the prize.
- Should the winner (i) fail to provide any of the required documentation mentioned under the “Prize” section above within 30 days of announcement of the winner; and/or (ii) study with a full bursary; and/or (iii) is not a full time student; and/or (iv) tuition fees are already paid up for the 2019 academic year, the winner will forfeit the prize and we reserve the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant chosen by lucky draw.
- You may not be a winner if you were a winner of any of our competitions within a period of three months of the Competition Period. If you were a winner of any of our competitions in the preceding three months of this Competition, your entry will be automatically withdrawn, and we reserve the right to redraw the prize.
- You may not win the prize if it is unlawful to give such a prize to you and if you do win the prize under such circumstances, you will forfeit it.
- These rules contain certain terms and conditions which may (i) limit our risk or liability, or any relevant third party; and/or (ii) create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) compel you to indemnify us or a relevant third party; and/or (iv) serve as an acknowledgement, by you, of certain facts.
- Neither us, or any of our agents, associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by you. We assume no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever. We are not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the competition.
- Personal data will be used only in accordance with relevant legislation. By participating in this competition you consent to your personal information being shared with our employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Marketing: If you’re a winner, we may publish your name in our advertising, promotional and/or marketing material relating to the competition (the nature and manner of which to be determined within our sole discretion) for a period of 3 months following the announcement of the winner. As a winner, you may be asked to participate in our marketing activities (eg by having your photograph taken and published in our marketing material (without any remuneration being due to you), but you’ll be entitled to decline to participate in such marketing activities and/or to have your photograph published in the marketing material by written notice to [email protected].
Unforeseen events: Should unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control affect the competition in any way, we reserve the right to change the rules, change the Prize, or cancel this competition entirely, as we deem fit based on such change in circumstances, at any time and without direct notice to you.
Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these rules is made available at https://www.joox.co.za.