“Win a trip for 2 to Japan 2019” COMPETITION RULES
- Promoters: This competition is promoted by Tencent Africa Services Pty Ltd (a company incorporated in South Africa with registration number 2015/445517/07) and SA Rugby Travel, a business division of Tourvest Holdings Pty Ltd (a company incorporated South Africa, with registration number 2008/003719/07 (“us”, “we” or “our”).
- Competition Period: The competition runs from 09:00 AM on 8 December 2018 until 31 May 2019. No entries will be accepted after midnight on 31 May 2019 (“Competition Period”).
- Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if you are a natural person who is at least 21 years old, a South African resident and a JOOX VIP account holder whose account has been activated by means of the DSTv Customer option in-app (the DSTv Customer option is available to DStv Compact, Compact plus or Premium subscribers). Also, you may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to us or any other entity directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by us, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: To participate in this competition,
- download the JOOX App from Google Play or iStore and register as a user (if you have not already downloaded JOOX);
- register as a JOOX VIP account holder by means of the DSTv Customer option (the DSTv Customer option is available to DStv Compact, Compact plus or Premium subscribers);
- tap on the “Win a trip for 2 to Japan 2019” banner on the homepage within the JOOX app or click on the pop up message that will be sent to all users in-app; and
- partake in and complete the ‘Win a trip for 2 to Japan 2019’ quiz (“quiz”). The quiz will comprise of 3 (three) questions, with multiple choice options as answers, which all need to be answered correctly during the Competition Period. Note that should you not answer all 3 (three) questions correctly, then such entry will automatically be withdrawn from the competition.
*Remember, your JOOX VIP account must have been activated through the DSTv Customer option in-app to enter in this competition (the DSTv Customer option is available to DStv Compact, Compact plus or Premium subscribers)
*You must maintain an active JOOX account for the duration of the Competition Period to remain eligible for the draw for the prize. If you delete/remove your JOOX account after entering the competition or at any time during the competition period, your entry will be withdrawn from the Competition.
- How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition only once, as by completing the quiz in 4 above. The first attempt at the quiz will be time-stamped and therefore any additional attempts at the quiz will be declared null and void.
- No entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved. You may incur your standard network data costs completing the quiz and you will be liable for such charges.
- Prize: There is only 1 (one) prize being 2 (two) travel packages to the Rugby World Cup Japan 2019, worth approximately R80 000.00 (eighty thousand Rand) each (subject to a change in value as a result of exchange fluctuations). Each travel package will include the following:
- Air fare: Return economy class flights from Johannesburg South Africa to Tokyo, Japan. Return economy flights to and from Johannesburg will also be included should the winner need to travel to Johannesburg. (Airline, Routing and Airfare to be confirmed)
- Match ticket: 1 x Pool match: New Zealand v South Africa – International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama (category D Ticket)
- Accomodation: 4 Nights’ accommodation in a centrally located Tokyo hotel as per the itinerary, on a twin-share basis
- Meals: Breakfast daily
- Transportation: Private Coach: Airport / Hotel / Stadium / Airport
- Official SA Rugby Travel and Rugby World Cup Memorabilia
- Group Travel Insurance
- Ground logistics support from SA Rugby Travel representatives in SA and Japan
Each travel package will specifically exclude (ie the winner will personally be responsible for the following):
- Airport taxes (subject to change due to rate of exchange fluctuations) and fuel surcharge;
- passports and visa costs;
- admission fees into sights of interests;
- personal expenses such as tips for meals, gratuities, telephone calls, beverages, all meals not mentioned under inclusions above and anything else of a personal nature (including hotel accommodation and match ticket upgrades); and
- Any other services or expenses not mentioned above.
The prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The collection of the prize and management associated therewith will be coordinated by SA Rugby Travel, a business division of Tourvest Holdings Pty Ltd.
*PLEASE NOTE: The winner’s travel packages are subject to these competition rules as well as the SA Rugby Travel Terms and Conditions in conjuction with STH Rugby World Cup Ticket Terms and conditions available at http://www.sarugbytravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/RWC-TERMS-AND-CONDITIONS-2019.pdf. Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions by tapping on the hyperlink
- Winner: There is only one winner. The winner will be chosen randomly by lucky draw, to be conducted by us on or about 3 June 2019. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner. The winner will be notified telephonically. We will attempt contact with the winner at least 3 times, but if we are unable to contact the winner within 3 (three) business days, the winner will forfeit his/her prize and we reserve the right to redraw the prize. The winner will be announced on or about 7 June 2019 in-app as well as on https://www.joox.co.za/. We may require the winner to provide us with additional information as we may reasonably require in order to determine the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner’s acceptance and/or use of the prize. Should the winner fail to accept delivery of the prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and we reserve the right to award the prize to another eligible entrant chosen by lucky draw as aforesaid. Proof of identity may be required to receive the prize and we reserve the right to refuse handing over of the prize to a potential winner who refuses to, or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. You may not win the prize if it is unlawful to give such prize to you and if you do win the prize under such circumstances, you will forfeit it.
- Marketing: We may publish the winner’s name in our advertising, promotional and/or marketing material relating to the Competition (the nature and manner of which is to be determined within our sole discretion) for a period of 3 months following the announcement of the winner. The winner may also be asked to participate in marketing activities, including by having his/her photograph taken and published in our marketing material (without any remuneration being due to the winner), but he/she will be entitled to decline to participate in such marketing activities and/or to have his/her photograph published in marketing material.
- Unforeseen events: Should unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control affect the competition in any way, we reserve the right to change the rules, change the prize, or cancel this competition entirely, as we deem fit based on such change in circumstances, at any time and without direct notice to each entrant.
- Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the Competition Rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these Competition Rules is made available at https://www.joox.co.za/