At Tencent, we respect intellectual property rights and the owners of such rights.
We will respond to allegations of copyright violations on our services in accordance with applicable law. This Policy sets out how we respond to such alleged copyright infringement, and is incorporated into the Terms of Service which you have agreed to in order to use our services. Any terms used in this Policy will have the same meaning as the equivalent defined terms in the Terms of Service, unless otherwise defined in this Policy or the context requires otherwise.
Scope of this Policy
Please note that this Policy is in relation to alleged copyright infringement only. If you are concerned about alleged infringement of any other types of intellectual property rights (for instance, trademarks) or any other alleged activities that breach the Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will, if we receive a valid notification (the “Notification”), remove the relevant allegedly infringing content (the “Content”) from our service. We will then take reasonable steps to contact the Content’s owner; if such owner files a valid counter-notification (the “Counter-Notification”), we will generally restore the Content within 21 days, unless the Notification provider has filed a legal action to keep the Content offline.
Please note that we may provide copies of all such Notifications or Counter-Notifications to any person, where required by law or as otherwise reasonably required by us to protect our interests.
Don’t make false submissions!
Please carefully consider any submission of a Notification or Counter-Notification, particularly if you are unsure whether you own (or are lawfully authorised to use) the relevant Content – we recommend contacting an attorney if this is the case. You may be subject to liability under law if you, in relation to a Notification or Counter-Notification: (i) knowingly make a false submission, or (ii) make a submission in bad faith.
To file a Notification
You must be the owner of the copyright in the Content (or an agent of such copyright owner) in order to file a Notification in relation to such Content.
The Notification must be in writing, and must contain at least the following information in sufficient detail:
1. The copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e. describe the work that you own) and provide evidence reasonably satisfactory for us to determine that you (or your principal if you are an agent) are the owner such copyrighted work.
2. The Content that you claim is infringing on your copyright, and provide information reasonably sufficient for us to identify and locate the Content (e.g. the relevant URL on our websites where the Content appears or can be accessed).
3. Include the following statement: “I believe in good faith that the use of the copyrighted content and contained on JOOX service as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed“.
4. Your phone number, address, telephone number and email address.
5. Sign the Notification.
Please then send the written Notification to our Legal Officer at: Legal Department, Level 29, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong., with the subject “ATTN: JOOX COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION”.
To file a Counter-Notification
The Counter-Notification must be in writing, and must contain at least the following information in sufficient detail:
1. The Content that was removed by us, and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed.
2. State that you consent to: (a) where your address is in the USA, the federal district court jurisdiction for your address; or (b) where your address is outside of the USA, the jurisdiction of any judicial district in which we may be found.
3. State that you will accept service of process from the original Notification provider.
4. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I believe in good faith that the relevant content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the content to be removed or disabled“.
5. Your phone number, address, telephone number and email address.
6. Sign the Counter-Notification.
Please then send the written Counter-Notification to our Legal Officer at: Legal Department, Level 29, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong, with the subject “ATTN: JOOX COPYRIGHT COUNTER-NOTIFICATION”.